27 May 2009

Something has to get my mother through the night....

I found out this morning that one of my most frequent visitors is my own mother...turns out my dad snores too loud and other factors prevent her from sleeping in the middle of the night, so she gets up and reads my blog. Because of that, I feel obligated to write something that will get her through the middle of the night. I guess more random thoughts will do, intertwined with bits of wisdom that I scraped off the bottom of my shoe:

  • My first born son is going to be named Michael Stanley Wilcox - if I ever get that far at least. Michael - because that was a "finalist" for my potential middle name - but my parents didn't think that BMW as intitals would be THAT cool
  • Rock Band is kinda cool - but its a more difficult game than Guitar Hero for the guitar I think
  • I bought yogurt and a bunch of fruit at the store today, hopefully it means that I eat better, though who knows.
  • There's three girls in my apartment right now - all FHE sisters that are cute...and I'm kinda crushing on them...but there's also four other guys here too...so no shot at that...oh well, there's always next time, semester, year, etc.
  • Its annoying to see a counter top of dishes...especially when they've been sitting there almost a week.
  • I can't scream on the songs that need screaming for Rock Band.
  • Ohio is always going to be "home" for me - largely because its the longest I've ever had anywhere to call home...second - Rexburg, ID! Yikes! I've been here too long!
  • Another guy just walked into the apartment...great - there's like...1o of us in here now!
  • I wonder if I'll get off here in ten minutes to watch one of my favorite shows Chopped. I'd guess that it's a good assumption.
  • It was weird having a four-day weekend, really messed up my schedule and rhythm.
  • I have to be on call Thursday and Friday night this week - switched with someone because he needed it, but I do have June 1st off. Will I make my first appearance at FHE of the semester? Probably.
  • Ten things I want to do or would like to eventually accomplish:
  1. Finish writing my book - maybe have it published
  2. Learn Russian
  3. Learn Arabic
  4. Go skydiving
  5. Get married and start a family
  6. Have a successful Intelligence career
  7. Have all of my hearing back
  8. Visit Brazil and China
  9. Compose an arrangement on the piano
  10. Pull the trifecta of singing, playing, and leading in General Conference (got one done)
  • I was in a few productions as a kid - major roles too - maybe I am kinda a drama [king] at heart
  • I'd love to somehow acquire a legit LeBron James rookie card - for obvious reasons
  • My sister called tonight - spoke to her for an hour and a half...that was interesting
  • What was more interesting was that my brother called today too...and I fixed his computer problem to boot!
  • I haven't cooked a decent dish in a while, its been even longer since I've invented one
  • I'm kinda hungry right now - but I already had a Wendy's Triple today - probably the last one I'm going to have for a while...maybe ever. I'm kind of on a diet so that stuff is bad!
  • Lately I've kinda wished I had a saxophone around to pick up again - too bad I broke both of them in High School
  • I've been the Director of Stadium Singing longer than ANY drum major ever was in our band...and this was the same person who was told by his band director that he'd never lead a large musical group...weird.
  • My counter on here keeps going up, but I'm not sure why I'm so popular or who thinks that this is, lol.
  • The term "lol" is overused...really.
  • Dang my one of my favorite shows is running a re-run. I'll survive - its always good to observe techniques multiple times.
  • I wish I had a gas stove, that way I could make a nice flambe or Bananas Foster
  • I didn't write much on my paper today, but that's fine with me, I needed a good break, it'll make me more efficient in the future
  • I've been home from my mission five years ago next month! Holy cow!
  • I sure haven't made much of the last five years either...
Guess that's enough thoughts for now, if anyone has any suggestions on any "top tens" that they want me to create or list - let me know!

3 comments:

teac77 said...

I think 'lol' is good and 'hehehe' is better.

Megan said...

I think I'm going to use my new gas stove to roast a hot dog right now.

I read this too, but that was all I could come up with for a comment.

Brandon said...

Hahaha - thanks Megan - rub it in why don't you? :P